My cat is addicted to chocolate and flowers. Jensen says she's a true girl. She has been known to climb on the kitchen counter and chew through plastic wrappers to eat chocolatey things found inside. You'd think that'd I would learn not to leave anything on the counters, but it's not always easy to remember.
Some things she has eaten include:
-half a chocolate Costco muffin, that was still wrapped (she only took a bite out of the blueberry muffins)
-a brownie I brought home for Jensen that was on the counter wrapped in saran wrap, I thought I lost it, but later found it chewed to bits behind the couch
-a Hershey kiss- these were sitting on a bowl on the coffee table, I came home to find an empty wrapper with some chocolate crumbs on the floor
I got some flowers in the mail a few weeks ago and she is constantly climbing on the table to eat the leaves. Jensen also got me a rose for V-day that she keeps trying to eat.
I'm surprised Pigeon hasn't killed herself yet with all this stuff, but she finally did get sick today from everything. I hope she learned her lesson.
a side note-- I just googled "can cats eat chocolate" and according to petpeoplesplace.com, even in relatively small amounts chocolate is poison to cats and dogs. I also found a question and answer on Yahoo Answers. In response to the question "can cats eat chocolate" someone posted "No, my Siamese ate a Hershey bar and was dead in a day".
My cat is magical.