blogtember| day 12: Read, reading, to read

I definitely go through phases with reading. I'll binge read 5 books in a couple of weeks and then go months without reading anything. I'm currently in a non-reading phase so to be honest I haven't finished a book in quite a while.


I read In the Heart of the Sea by Nathaniel Philbrick a while ago, but I thought I would include it because it was SO GOOD. I don't usually read nonfiction, but I really enjoyed this book.  This is the first nonfiction book I've ever read that I was unable to put down. It's the tragic story of the whaleship Essex, that inspired the climax of Moby Dick. The author's historical retelling of the story was amazing. While I was reading the book I could not stop talking about it to Jensen. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who likes an exciting story nonfiction or not.

I'm currently reading Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan so I was excited and slightly skeptical for this book. So far I'm enjoying it, but I'm not a huge fan of the play format.

Up next on my reading list is The Selection. My sister recently read it and enjoyed it. It sound like a fun quick read, so I'm excited! I also haven't read a series in quite a while, so that will be fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment