I mostly use this blog as a journal, so I have been terrible at keeping a journal ever since I started my blog. Even though it is nice to keep track of my life on my blog I only write about "exciting things" and usually only things I take photos of. I've seen a few one line a day journals and I thought it would be fun to make my own. Now I have no excuse not to keep a journal, because writing just one line a day is much less daunting than keeping a traditional journal.
- 366 4 by 6 inch index cards (don't forget one for leap year!)
- 12 photos for month dividers
- scrapbook paper for dividers (You can buy scrapbook cards that are also 4 by 6 inches, or cut paper down to size yourself)
- wooden or cardboard box
- stamps for dates on index cards
- paint for decorating the journal box
Step 1: Print photos for month dividers. I wanted square photos, so I chose some of my instagram photos to print from the past few years. Before I printed them I added borders and month names using A Beautiful Mess photo app.
Step 2: Cut your photos into squarescorner rounding paper punch to curve the edges of the photos. I did this so my photos would match the scrapbook paper index cards.
Step 6: Paint your journal box. I wanted to keep mine simple so I just taped it off and painted triangles across the front, but feel free to be creative!