Denver Part 1

I'm finally posting about our trip to Denver!  Jensen won an award for work, so we got to fly out to Denver and stay in a fancy hotel for the weekend and go to a fancy Verizon party.
We only had Friday and Saturday in Denver.  I got a flight out pretty early so we would have more time there.  After waking up at 4:30 so we could get ready and make it to the airport in time for our 6:50 flight I decided maybe getting there at 8:00 am was too early.  But it did give us time to have delicious breakfast.  We went to a crepe place that had giant crepes, and the yummiest hot chocolate.
There were a few things on my list I wanted to do when we were in Denver.  One was to visit the Denver mint, but they're closed on Fridays and over the weekend so we couldn't go, and another was to go to the capitol building. They're doing construction on that so we could only see the very top peaking out from the construction stuff.  Another on my list was to see the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception. 
After breakfast and checking in to our hotel we went to the Cathedral. The stained glass windows were amazing! When we got there they announced that mass would be starting in 10 minutes so we even stayed for mass.  I had never been before so that was interesting to see.
Even though this is kind of silly I think my favorite thing in Denver was the giant blue bear!  It's just so big and awesome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment