Hot Air Balloon Festival


I have a love hate relationship with the Fourth of July. For the most part I love it! I love spending the day with my family, celebrating our nation and freedom, hot air balloons, barbecues, and swimming, It comes second only to fall and winter holidays, but I really am not a fan of summer, and my dislike for it has only grown from having small babies. It's so hot! And with little babies I can't be outside in the sun or really go swimming.  Small children also make fireworks a lot less enjoyable, since it doesn't get dark until hours after bedtime, and they're so loud! Once my kids are all a little older, I'm sure my love for the Fourth will be full blown again. This year my dad, Lisa, and Omi were here visiting, so it was even better than normal!
We got up bright and early and went to the hot air balloon festival in Provo. I've been a few times before, but have never seen the balloons launch because it has always been too windy. It was definitely worth getting up at 5:30 to make it down to see the balloons! Dunken and Quinn loved it too.
The strawberry balloon was my favorite!
Daley and Desiree were here too! They stopped by our house passing through on their way from Canada to California, but due to some car trouble were able to spend a few days with us. It was a lot of fun having them around since we don't see them often enough either. 
I think I could take a million pictures of the balloons and love every one of them.

1 comments: