Dunken's Nursery Tour // Colorful Woodland Nursery

Today I'm finally sharing Dunken's (old) nursery tour!  We have since moved, and he has been in a big boy bed for a few months so his room looks nothing like this right now.  Before we switched him to a bed I cleaned his room extra good and got some pictures because I'm really proud of it. :)

When I first found out I was pregnant I started planning my future baby's room, and when I found out I was having a boy I immediately knew what I wanted to do in his room.  I knew I wanted his room mostly white, with pops of color, and a subtle woodland theme. I didn't have a ton of money to decorate his room so there's a lot of DIYs, second hand items, and decorating with toys. 
The crib is Graco, we bought it secondhand from KSL. Suzanne made the quilt using See Kate Sew's triangle quilt tutorial.
I made Dunken's mobile with wool felt pom poms from Hello Maypole.  The owl is from Pier One and the hedgehog is Jellycat from Amazon.  The USA print is from a small shop I found on Instagram. I can't remember their name, but I'll update this once I find it!
Suzanne made the logs and fire for Dunken's first birthday. I love them!  She also made the black moon print.  I made the "I love you to the moon and back" using vinyl and my Silhouette Cameo, and I painted the fox with watercolor paints. 
 Dunken's block wagon was a gift from his great grandma, it's Melissa and Doug.  The ring stacker and shape sorter cube are both from Amazon. I also got the letter and number basket from Amazon. The owl and fox decor are both from Target. The shelf and square storage baskets are from Ikea.
Dunken's dresser is probably my favorite thing in his room. We bought it off KSL for $30 and it was so nasty! It was covered in stickers and scribbles and scratches. Jensen and I sanded the whole thing down, painted the top and sides white, and oiled the drawers. I wish I had a before picture to show because it looks so much better now! It does need to be reoiled, and it would all be a little darker like the spot on the second drawer. :) 

The bunny on top of the dresser is a nightlight from Target. It's so cute! I don't see the same one on their sight anymore, but here's a similar one from Pillowfort. My super talented friend made the art above the dresser with all the little animals. They're made of felt and are attached with velcro so I can take them off for Dunken to play with. They're too cute, so I can't bring myself to do it in case one gets ruined. The curtains are also from Target.



0 comments:

Post a Comment