Camping at Mirror Lake

 
For Jensen's birthday weekend in October we went up to Mirror Lake to go camping with a few of our friends.  It was a lot of fun, but much colder than we were expecting.  I checked the weather before we went and the site I checked said it was going to be in the upper 50s.  We got to Mirror Lake around 5 and it was already in the low 30s! And there was a few feet of snow everywhere.  Because it was so cold we ended up camping about 15 minutes down the road where the elevation was lower and there wasn't any snow on the ground, so it was a little bit warmer but still really cold.
Everything was frozen the next morning! Our whole campsite was covered in frost.  I think that morning and sleeping the night before was the worst part of camping because I so was uncomfortable and cold.  I kept waking up because I had to use the bathroom, but it was way too cold for me to get out of my warm sleeping bag and tent to go.  After we warmed up the next morning the rest of the trip was a lot of fun.
We took our canoe with us hoping to go fishing on the lake, but most of the lake was frozen over.  Jensen still tried to fish some, and got a few nibbles, but didn't catch anything.  It was too cold to have enough patience for fishing.
Devin, Julianne, and Jacquelyn came with us.  It was Jacquelyn's first camping trip, and she did great considering how cold it was!
 
At the end of our trip Jensen wanted to plan another camping trip for this winter.  I told him I'm done for the year, because it's getting way too cold, and my belly is getting too big so if he goes camping he'll have to find someone else to take. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment