Giving Thanks

Happy (late) Thanksgiving to all you Canadians! Monday was Canadian Thanksgiving, but Jensen had to work late, so on Sunday after General Conference Jensen and I had some friends over to celebrate.  I forgot to take pictures of all the yummy food I made :(. I was quite proud of myself.  I've made Thanksgiving dinner for Jensen and I before, but never for this many people.  It was delicious and we all ate to our heart's content.  It was so much fun!  After we ate and ate we played some fun games that made me laugh so hard my cheeks hurt.  Then we ate a little more.  Suz made those cute apple tarts for dessert. 

It was a great weekend! I love conference and look forward to hearing the words of our prophet and apostles every six months.  Each conference I try to have specific questions in my mind as I listen, to help me pay more attention and to apply the messages to my own life.  This year President Eyring's talk especially stuck out to me.  I feel like Heavenly Father has been trying to teach me patience and to trust in his timing for quite a while.  Patience is a hard lesson to learn.  Jensen can tell you I'm not so good at it either with all the crying and pouting I do when things don't go my way :).  It was great to hear this talk as another reminder to trust in Heavenly Father.  President Eyring says "we can't insist on our timetable with the Lord has his own."  He knows what's best for us and I know that I should focus on serving others rather than to turn my thoughts to myself and those things I want but can't have right now.  I'm grateful for conference and hope to have a more positive attitude as I apply those teachings to my own life.  Did you have a favorite talk?

0 comments:

Post a Comment