Pom Pom Garland Tutorial

For Suz's bridal shower I made pom pom garland to go with the triangle banner I had already made. I really liked the way it turned out and it didn't take much time at all. I would recommend doing this while watching your favorite tv show because it's so simple and it gets pretty repetitive. :) I might make another one in red and green for my mantel for Christmas!

Materials:
-Yarn
-Scissors
-Embroidery needle

1. Gather your yarn and pick the colors you want to use. This can be made with as many or as few colors as you want. I got a giant bag of yarn at the thrift store for only $6. I don't knit or crochet so this will last me a long time for just using it for craft projects.
Pigeon decided to join me.
2. Depending on how big you want your pom-pom wrap the yarn around 2 or 3 fingers. I wanted smaller pom-poms so I used just two fingers. Wrap the yarn around your fingers about 50 times. My yarn had different thicknesses, so I wrapped the thicker yarn around my fingers about 40 times and the thinner yarn around my fingers about 60 times. Make sure not to wrap too tight or you'll turn your fingers purple and it will hurt!
3. Slide the looped yarn off of your fingers and tie it around the middle really tight with a piece of yarn of the same color.
3. Cut the looped ends on each side of where you tied the yarn. Move the strands yarn around so it is more spherical in shape.
4. Trim the pieces of yarn that are too long to make an even sphere.
5. Thread an embroidery needle with yarn and thread each pom-pom through the center to turn your pom-poms into garland.
6. Hang it up and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I love this tutorial. I think I might make one for Christmas too. I'll have to see how all my other projects stack up, but I would love to do it!

    Suz's bridal shower looked fun! It was so color coordinated!

    ReplyDelete